Sunday, March 20, 2011

“Whoever said money can't buy happiness simply didn't know where to go shopping.~ Bo Derek

Day 7
   Today I got up pretty early (on my own - and not because the little one woke me up - amazing!).  I grabbed some change (pesos) the laundry bag and headed down to the washers/dryers on the property.  I was soooo shocked to see that the washers/dryers wouldn't take the coins and that I would have to buy tokens... and at FIVE DOLLARS a load I was not a happy camper - seriously five dollars? in Mexico?! I had to borrow some cash from Jeff (Jeff and his family and my parents all had a ground floor room and our was on the fifth floor - so it was much easier to borrow and not risk waking Matt and Makenzie).  I hate doing chores on vacation (but seemed to do lots of them) but the lack of clean panties drove me to do the laundry.  We purposely packed light (well not Makenzie - I had enough clothes and swimsuits to outfit every tiny 15 month old in Mexico for a month) so we could avoid the fee for going over the 50lb limit for a suitcase.
   After the laundry all of us, with the exception of Matt, went to town.  Greg's family had to find a optometrist to replace Jake's glasses and the rest of us went shopping in the Golden Zone (this is a series of little shops several blocks long).  There I bought an authentic fake Ralph Lauren purse and matching wallet for only $400 pesos (about $36 American). Mom, Jodee and I were also given silver bracelets just for listening to the jewelry store sales guy!
  We met up with Greg's family for lunch where while sitting on my lap, Kenzie pee'd alllllll over me! We didn't bring enough diapers for the trip (we think it's because we were constantly taking her out of a regular diaper and putting her in swim diapers) so I had to buy Mexico diapers - and believe me they do not have the standards that our beloved Pampers have!  I think I upset Jeff and Jodee by refusing to take a family photo of me in my urinated on clothes and my half naked daughter (I forgot a spare outfit!) and sans my husband.
    While we were out and a bout Matt stayed behind to catch up on some sleep - he also swept and mopped our rooms (see I'm not the only one that does chores on vacation).
    When we got back to the resort I put Makenzie down for a much needed nap and I settled into a lounge chair on the deck to read and soak up some sun (have I mentioned how tan I am!).  when Kenzie woke up we went down to the pool side where all the little kidlets at the resort took turns smashing a pinata - when in Mexico do as the Mexicans! 

  That night we grilled hamburgers and then went to watch Karaoke at the bar's lounge.
  

1 comment:

  1. Sounds fun...minus the urinating, yet adorable baby. I keep meaning to ask you....did you manage to get a tan?

    ReplyDelete