Saturday, March 19, 2011

And that's the wonderful thing about family travel: it provides you with experiences that will remain locked forever in the scar tissue of your mind. ~Dave Berry

Day 6
   Today Matt and I went back into town - just the two of us - while mom watched Makenzie.  We had to get this traveler's check fiasco straightened out.  We had hoped to just cash all of them and be done with it, but alas the bank had other ideas - we were only able to cash $450 at a time. oy. But on a positive note at least we had money... which means we could go shopping!

    We didn't stay long but long enough for me to buy a couple fire fighter shirt that support the local volunteer department (the first day in Mazatlan I got to see a fire truck in action... it looks exactly like our ol' yellow in KF - that is not safe to operate because it has open air seats... but in this poverty stricken country, I am sure they are just happy to have a fire truck at all!)  I bought one shirt for myself and one to auction off at our Employee Appreciation Dinner next February.  Always planning. do you (15) remember that blog post?  we also stopped so matt could get my picture next to an ambulance... but you can't tell it's an ambulance in the photo. oh well. I know what it is!
   When we got back to the resort we layed by the pool for a while, until Hannah came running up to us to let us know that Jacob (12) had lost his glasses in the ocean. OH NO!!! We all raced out to see if we could help find them... mostly we just spread out hoping the surf would bring them to shore. no luck. I felt so terrible for Jake, but fortunatly he and I have pretty much the same exact prescription so I let him use my glasses while I wore my prescription sunglasses.  Marie (jake's mom) spent quite a bit of time on the phone with the insurance company and eye Dr in the states trying to figure out what to do.
   That night daddy made shrimp and carne asada - another family vacation tradition! soooo yummy!!! we went to bed pretty early - between the sun filled days, playing hard and being woken early each morning by Makenzie it is totally understandable and has nothing to do with us getting old. mmm kay?

No comments:

Post a Comment