Friday, March 18, 2011

If you don't get lost, there's a chance you may never be found. ~Author Unknown

Day 5

  Today we actually slept til 8 am! small miracles. When we got up we put on our suits and headed to the pool.  I got to close my eyes and catch some rays (no zzz) while Matt and the rest of my family tended Makenzie.  It was WONDERFUL!!! (have I mentioned I'm really tan!?)
     While Matt took Makenzie up to attempt to give her a nap I headed out the the surf with Jake and Hannah.  I played photographer while the kids played.  Jake was skipping rocks into the ocean and reached down to pick up a rock and instead brought up a set of keys! They were pretty rusted from being in the salt water but we could tell they were someone's car keys! it makes me wonder who they belonged to... did they lose them strolling on the beach? Diving in the ocean? Parasailing? Did that person have a spare set? Or did they have to figure out what to do once they got home from vacation to a car they couldn't get into.

  I called it quits and went up to check on my little family to find 2 very hungry people and not taking a nap like they were supposed to! So we loaded up and went to mom's room to make lunch.  Once our tummys were full we came back to our room to again put Kenz down for a nap.  I hung out on the deck and read while Matt went to hang out by the pool.
   A couple hours later we decided we better go find that bank to get the traveler's checks figured out.  Matt, Makenzie and I headed into town with a promise to meet the rest of my family at the bank, and they we would all go to the big cathedral downtown.  We took one of the palmanias while the other 10 took the city bus.  We got to the bank and they said they couldn't help us until tomorrow before 1 pm. great. freaking great.
   We waited outside the bank for about 45 minutes before we decided that the rest of the family probably couldn't find our bank and that they would end up at the cathedral like we had planned. So we hopped on a city bus and traveled thru parts of Mazatlan I've never seen, and certainly would not go in the dark by myself.  All of a sudden the bus pulls up to the bus depot and the driver tell us to get off. OH MY GOD! where are we? There is no cathedral here! He points to another bus on the side of the road... ok... are we suppossed to get on that bus now? We walk to the driver and I try to communicate to him where we want to go.  He just looks at us with that deer in the headlight look.  I then show him by pretending to pray (although there was real praying going on in my head that he is not an axe murderer. He nods and we are off... again we go thru some pretty shady parts of town and then up ahead I see it! there is the cathedral!!! we have arrived! we get off the bus and immediatly start looking for my family - they can't be hard to spot - there are ten of them!
   After of about an hour of walking around the cathedral (and buying Makenzie pink rosary beads - I was raised catholic and it is important to me that Kenzie has a part of my background) we still couldn't find them.  We decided to hop on a palmania (there was no way I was getting back on a bus!) and we asked the driver to take us to where we had all planned on having dinner later that evening.  We decided that we would sit and have pina coladas until my family arrived.
   As we were making our way to the restaurant we had our eyes peeled just in case we saw my family...then out of nowhere I here my name being shouted.  I look over to see my mom and Jodee in a pulmania on the other side of the busy street!  Our driver seeing our excitement and panic pulls right over.  Mom and Jodee and their pulmania pulls in behind us.While we were out trying to find them, they had gone to every possible National Bank of Mexico - apparently there are several of them all over the city!

  We all (13 of us- back together again!) went out to dinner and as the sun was setting they wait stay rang a bell when the sun dipped below the ocean.  When dinner was over we had to again stop and pick up more Pacifico... cases numbers 5, 6, 7 and 8!  by the time we got home we were all exhausted from our cat and mouse chase across town and went to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment