Monday, March 14, 2011

A vacation is what you take when you can no longer take what you've been taking. ~ Earl Wilson

Day One
  I had originally planned to work half a day on Thursday before we headed over the hill to the airport, but with so much to do I decided to extend my vacation by one day.  Thursday I got up and went to the bank to get traveler's checks, went to the salon and got a pedi (thanks stephie) and went tanning one last time.  I also stopped by work to print out our boarding passes... but alas they would not print.  A sign of what was to come.
   By the time we got home it was time to load the truck and drive the 1.5 hours to the hotel we had reserved for the night considering we needed to be at the airport at 5 am!  The drive over was nice and it was nice to just catch up with Matt a little before our big trip.  We got to the hotel and unloaded our stuff so we could go to pizza for dinner... it was by far the best pizza I have ever had - partly because I have been dieting (down 14lbs!) so it was my first indulgence in over a month! (if you ever are in Medford Oregon you must check out Kalidescope pizza!).
   We stopped by a mini mart to get my beloved diet coke and milk for Makenzie for that night and the morning.  before we knew it, it was time to get kenzie all snuggled down for the night.  Easier said then done.  She is not used to having roommates and was not interested in sleeping while mommy and daddy were awake! so we ended up putting the pack and play in the bathroom (insert gasps from all the mommies), turned out the lights and shut the door so she would finally go to sleep - tomorrow was going to be a big day!!! It worked like a charm and the little one was asleep in no time.  I was pretty amped up (as matt called it "pinging") and checked the alarms we set (3 of them!) four times before I felt my eye lids getting heavy. After much tossing and turning.
  Not even 30 minutes later (at about 11:30) both Matt's and my  phones were frantically beeping signalling text messages.  I kinda opened one eye as Matt was saying several curse words (i will spare you).  The text messages were from our night time dog sitter (we had two sitters!) letting us know he could not find our key to our house we had left him. The night time sitter was suppossed to be picking Sunny up from our house to take her to his for the night.  Poor Sunny would be spending her first night all alone. Between my mother in law and our day time sitter the key situation would be taken care of in the morning.  (special thank you to you guys!)
   We both finally fell asleep at like 2am... to be woken by the three alarms only 2 hours later.....

No comments:

Post a Comment