Sunday, October 10, 2010

The recipe of love calls for burnt bacon

I hate to cook. I can screw up mac and cheese. But, this morning I decided to make my little family breakfast.  Matt was still in bed when I started my conquest but the delicious smell of burning bacon brought him out of his slumber - he hollored at me that I was doing it wrong.  Thanks, Einstein.


I made hash-browns, frozen of course.  Turkey bacon - burnt (cajun style). And over easy eggs. It took a while... much longer then it takes to make Top Ramen, but I wore my apron, so that made it at least appear like I knew what I was doing.  Never mind it was the first time I wore that apron... I got it for Christmas 2008 from my bestie.  It so stinkin' cute I didn't want to get it dirty before now. 




  Makenzie and Sunny both got in on the action of sharing - Makenzie was feeding Sunny cheerios while I was slaving over the stove.  I figured if I made an in-edible meal, at least the baby wasn't going hungry.  All in all the meal actually turned out pretty ok... if you added a little lot of catchup.

1 comment:

  1. It looks awesome but the most awesome part...proud wife smiles and happy hubby pride too!! love ya

    ReplyDelete