Friday, October 8, 2010

hi ho hi ho its off to work I go

 I am trying to blog weekly, but wanted to give you a heads up… since I have soooooo many readers (5!), that I will be gone next week… I have an out of town conference - whoa makes me sound awfully important doesn’t it? Do you picture me in a business suit? Brief case in hand? (hee hee that’s a funny image!) It’s a conference for the support staff of firefighters and chief officers. Yup that’s me… support… with a wire. They’re better at lifting … things… up! Did you get it? Did you get my bra reference? I’m funny.
 So anyhow back to the conference thing… so twice a year this organization I am part of gets together and goes to classes… this year we are hearing from the marketing guy of Les Schwab (for those of you that don’t live on the west coast – it’s a tire retailer. – they come running!) about customer service, a session on business writing, one on conflict in the work place (cough - cough… sorry something was stuck in my throat!), how to make job descriptions, etc… it really is a fun little conference, and we get to network with other support people, which is the best part of it all (even seeing some of the ladies knit while a speaker is talking!)
I am really looking forward to it… now if you will excuse me; I have a wire poking into my side.

No comments:

Post a Comment