Wednesday, October 27, 2010

A picture is worth 1000 words

Last weekend we had our first official family photos taken.  We have candid family photos from the day Makenzie was born and through out the last 11 months - but nothing staged with coordinating outfits.  Yes, we had coordinating outfits.  The hard part was finding Makenzie's dress for the photos... oh darn I had to go baby clothes shopping! I didn't even have to twist Matt's arm to wear what I wanted him to! I think that's partially because he didn't have to make any of the decisions.  He knows: what momma wants, momma gets!

We met the photographer (Scott Brainard) at a park about 30 minutes north of where we live, in hopes of getting photos with Aspen trees (my favorite!).  We were able to find some baby Aspens, and although they didn't have the tall paper white trunks I was hoping for, their color was still of splendor!

I need your help, reader (7!) to help pick our family Christmas card... please comment with your favorite photo!
 













Tomorrow I will share some of the outtakes!

6 comments:

  1. I like the one that is six from the top. Where Matt is sitting on the cement wall with Makenzie between his legs and you're standing in back holding the dog. Good pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the 6th one down also. Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok you don't make this easy LOL I like the 6th one down too but something about the 9th one down is speaking to me LOL I love Kenzie's smile, your smile, Matt's smile, even sunny is looking at the camera. I love it....ok I love them all but as far as a whole family one, number 9 is my fav. I just love your blog! You were born to blog!!!! Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still am loving #8, but if I was to pick one with Sunny Moo in it also - it would have to be #9!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am all about the one where you're both kissing Kenzie's cheeks! Hands down winner, as far as I'm concerned!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh these are great! I LOVE the picture of you two kissing her! Her facial expression is priceless.

    ReplyDelete