Wednesday, January 12, 2011

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing. ~ George Bernard Shaw

Oh the games we play. Literally! I never knew a one year old could be sooo much fun!!! Makenzie sure does bring the kid out in me and her daddy! I hadn't played peak a boo, hide and seek, patty cake, or just plain gotten down on the floor and played in years.  The dishes and mopping the floor can wait - they will be there after Kenzie's bedtime. The memories need to be made now!

 I often think about the things that need to be done, like exercising, or grocery shopping, or after work meetings... and I struggle with where the line is. To me each of these things takes time away from my girl... and since I am a full time working mommy the precious hours each night are just that... precious. The weekends fall under the same category.   Matt works evenings and I work days, so the 2 days we get as a family are so important! I was telling Matt today about how a strong foundation makes for a strong family, and without the hours together and as a family we would have cracks in that foundation.  So this coming weekend we have vowed to play.

3 comments:

  1. You are VERY fortunate to have weekends off together!!!! We have occassional evenings off together... so we really have to rely on vacation time. I haven't sat on a couch in over a year, always playing, singing, dancing, coloring.... it's tiring, but fun! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my she is so cute!

    Can't believe how big(and mischievous) our babies have gotten!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore her and miss her!!! What a doll!

    ReplyDelete