Monday, February 21, 2011

Signs are to eyes what words are to ears. ~ Ken Glickman

I always admired families with little ones that knew how to "sign" to let their parents know what they wanted.  It was something that I was sure that I wanted to do when I became a parent.  It takes some persistance and lots and lots of repetition (and patience!)... but it does help cut down on frustration on both the child and the adults! See the video below of all the words Makenzie can "say":

Makenzie is building both her verbal vocabulary and her signs daily. She currently can verbally say about 15 words and can currently sign 3.  The next sign we want to work on is "hurt".
   I just hope she doesn't learn the universal sign for "screw you"!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! This is so....I don't even know what to say. It's adorable, funny and amazing all rolled into one. She is such a smart girl and such a doll. I miss her so much! I think I saw, all done, more and milk? Did I get it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I showed Lottie this video and she got soo excited! we need to have a play date soon! i also need to have your e-mail address to let you check out our little one! mmariebaker@hotmail.com Marie

    ReplyDelete