Sunday, February 13, 2011

Imagination is More Important then Knowledge ~ Albert Einstein

   There is something about watching a child experience something new that brings a smile to my face and my heart.  Kenzie started walking when the weather started turning cruddy, but today was warm enough to let Kenzie explore her backyard for the very first time.  She was a little hesitant to step off the concrete patio and on to the grass, so her daddy helped her - and once she felt comfortable with the new texture under her feet she was off and running. Literally. 

  I can't wait to watch my little girl grow up in that back yard. I look forward to someday getting her a swing set and perhaps a play house and being able watch my little girl pretend she is an astronaut when she swings, a deep sea diver when she slides down her slide, and a mommy when she plays in her little house. I daydream about watching her play hide and seek, tag, and red rover with Brylee (the baby next door who is only 9 months younger then Kenzie) and whatever else the besties come up with.  I am excited to watch Makenzie and her daddy set up the tent in the back yard and go camping... knowing that if the stars keep them up they can come in to their warm beds. I look forward to setting up a sprinkler and watching my little bathing beauty run and splash.  I picture my little girl and her dog playing fetch, chase and exploring the gardens. Our backyard will become whatever my little girl can imagine it being and you (reader 12) know that I will be right there with her, exploring it through her eyes.

1 comment:

  1. Ugh great now I am all teared! You are an amazing writer Kim!!

    ReplyDelete