Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Sending and receiving Christmas cards are timeless ways to show your thoughtfulness during the holiday ~ quote from an advertisement

Christmas is over. It's time to undecorate the house, but before I do, I wanted to share with  you (reader 11!) my family Christmas card. A while back I blogged about our family photos that the amazing Scott did for us... we had a hard time picking just one photo for our card but after much deliberation we think we picked the perfect one!
 I ordered 50 of these little beauties from Vista Print and mailed them out on December 3rd.  I was told by many many people that our card was the first of the season for them.  That made me happy - considering I was balancing Makenzie's first birthday along side of all the Christmas preparations.  I was  very pleased with the cards that we received from so many of our family and friends... however... we only got 27 cards.  Two of the 27 came from my parents, and 3 came from Matt's parents... tucked along side some  Christmas Mexico money - so really we received from 24 families. Whats wrong with this picture? Where was everyone's holiday spirit? I have decided to keep all the cards from this year... most will have the photos cut out and put on Makenzie's bulletin board - and only those, along with the givers of the traditional cards will be receiving cards from us next year.  I know the whole saying "it's better to give then receive" but screw that... It's my turn to say Bah Humbug!

2 comments:

  1. Unless you wanted a photo of Jenna puking on Santa's lap, you will welcome the New Year's card that will be on its way come 2011! Like you, I've religously sent cards each year - only to receive a fraction in return... it's very frustrating! I was very upset not being able to send Christmas cards this year, but I'm hoping that New Year's cards will be a nice surprise for all. Don't give up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know there is some exceptions to my rule - like when people are pg and throwing up constantly or have a brand new baby (us last year - we did New Years cards too)or just moved etc... but more specifically its my extended family that can't be bothered - I very bitter right now towards them considering they (not all - but most) opted not to even send Makenzie a birthday card.
    I love New Years cards! one of my friends from college does that every year! so she (and you) will be getting your Christmas card next year from the Probst Pride!
    love to you Jewlie!

    ReplyDelete