Sunday, December 5, 2010

I wonder if I can grow fangs when my baby teeth fall out. ~ Calvin and Hobbs

So my almost one year (in 3 days!) old has ONE tooth. ONE. This doesn't stop her from eating just about anything... she just gums it to oblivion.  They say the longer it takes the teeth to pop thru the stronger they will be... I have no doubt about the truth of this statement.  The lone tooth is a tough lil' bugger... so tough in fact that it can tear through a $300 crib with ease.

I was originally upset that Makenzie's crib was damaged so... especially since it's a grow with me crib that will convert into a toddler bed and then a full size.  Something we had intended for Kenzie to have all the while she lived under our roof.  However, a friend of mine said something that really made me feel better about the whole thing.  She said that her little girls both chewed up their grow with me cribs, and now that her girls are older, when she goes in to tuck them in at night she looks at those gnaw marks and smiles... they remind her when her girls were babies.  So now I embrace those teeth marks, because someday my little girl, wont be so little.

2 comments: