Monday, December 27, 2010

The greatest gift is a portion of thyself. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

A few years ago my best friends and I decided that our Christmas gifts to one another would be homemade.  I have always believed that the best gifts were handmade, because theoretically the person making them would be thinking of you while they created something extra special. They are also special because they are one of a kind and made with love... and blood and sweat and tears. literally.
  This year I decided to make advent calendars... I even got the husband in on the deal and he engraved little silver coins with each day - 1 thru 25.  My bestie, Reanna, made me snuggly warm pajama pants. I love them!!
We weren't the only ones that took the extra time to make homemade gifts - my boss/friend Stacy made me a scrapbook calendar so that I can proudly display my baby girl. And my sister in law, Wendy, made me a knotted blanket - probably because I stole my daughters knotted blanket that my niece, Stephie made for Kenzie's first birthday.  I suppose I will give it back now that I have one of my own!  
I hope all three of the girls that made me a special Christmas gift knows how much I love and appreciate each one. And each of them.

Did you, reader (ELEVEN!) make or receive something handmade this year?



1 comment:

  1. OMG I love the PJ's on you and I LOVE LOVE LOVE my advent calendar! I am already looking for my craft for next year :)

    ReplyDelete