Tuesday, November 30, 2010

A lot of people like snow. I find it to be an unnecessary freezing of water. ~Carl Reiner

Oh snow how I loathe you.
 I'm fine with snow if it's quietly sitting on my lawn - but not on my car, sidewalk or streets.  In short the white stuff scares me! Last weekend was Thanksgiving and we were scheduled to spend it with Matt's side of the family... but since I was unable to go home last year to spend the holiday with my side of the family (49 weeks pregnant and the Dr. said NO!) I wanted to see my mom and dad... really, I wanted to go shopping with my mom on Black Friday.  We were playing it by ear alllllll week hoping that the weather would cooperate so that as soon as dinner was done on Thursday we would drive the 2.5 hours home. Thursday's weather actually held off.... but it was the threat of what Friday or Saturday would bring, that left us in Klamath Falls. Snow 1 Kim 0.
I did end up going out Black Friday shopping, but for the first time in twenty years (yes, I went at 49 weeks pregnant last year!) I didn't go out until about 9:30 am! If you (reader 8) know me, you know this is a big deal. Black Friday is my very favorite day of the year!!! I did, however, get everything that was on my list from the two stores I went to. Never less, I missed all the excitement of standing outside a box stores doors in the wee hours of the morning.
I'm not the only one that hates snow.  We bundled up Makenzie - too look like that kid from Christmas Story - and let her have her first experience with the snow.  Snow 1 Kim 1

No comments:

Post a Comment