Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Life is something that everyone should try at least once. ~ Henry J. Tillman

Hi Friends (18)
  Sorry it's been a while since I've written - life has been busy!!! So what have we been up to you ask? Let's see... where did we leave off last... oh yes... our last day of Mexico! When we got home we immediately made an appointment with Dr. Hempel - alas a English speaking, glove wearing, working in a sterilized office Doctor! Turns out that the Dr. in Mexico was right.  Matt's system does not handle some sort of bacteria in the food in Mexico.  Four years ago on our honeymoon Matt had similar stomach problems - we just thought he got the flu - but looks like it was the first glimpse into a sensitive system.  Matt will have to take antibiotics prior to and while on vacation in foreign countries from here on out. We are just so thankful that it's as simple as that!!!
   We remodeled our master walk in closet... pulled out the carpet, painted the walls, painted the shelfs, stained the rods, and installed pergo... it looks awesome, if I do say so myself. *pats self on back*
   Kenzie had a Dr. appointment of her own this week - just a check up and no shots! YAY! At 16 months she now weighs 20.4 lbs fully clothed - which puts her in the 5th percentile (a bump up from the 0-3% she has been in) and is now 30 inches - 10th percentile! She can now say "bubble" and  "nanna" (banana) and can point out her belly button, nose and ears! She is such a smart little girl!!! She is so inquisitive and has such a fun imagination - I love watching my little sponge!!!
    Last weekend my mom came for a visit! We went to a bunch of garage sales and shopped around town, and she of course soaked up her little name sake! I miss my mom terribly so when ever I get to have time with just her I really cherish it!





   Oh and then there was the blog remodel... what do you think?
   

1 comment:

  1. I love the new family characterization! It is so cute! -Jen

    ReplyDelete